Monday, October 24, 2011

Virtual Art: Self-Care Vision Board

Shout out to Shannon and her self-care blog :)  I've used Polyvore for lots of things but I haven't experimented with it as a way to make a creative image in itself.  A collection, an idea board, an interesting collage...but never as an actual source of creative digital art making (until tonight).  I've been thinking about self-care all week and I'm brainstorming ways to bring it back into my life to hold balance and stay grounded since life doesn't seem to be slowing down any time soon.


I created this image on polyvore.com as somewhat of a virtual sacred space.  A visual reminder of what I need in my life right now.  Each symbol, texture, color, and shape was chosen with intention around what keeps me happy and healthy.  I've got the image saved as my laptop background so I can be reminded of it each time I use my computer.

My mental and emotional space need some attention before I can get back to my physical living space (although they are all so deeply linked and reflective of one another).


No comments:

Post a Comment