Tuesday, November 8, 2011

DIY Palette Photo Shelf

Yesterday I had one simple goal of bringing a Pinterest post to life.  I have been struggling with what to put on the wall over my couches for a while.  I wanted some arrangement of photos that was cheap, easy and unique.  I found this post and this post utilizing old wood palettes and thought I'd give it a shot.  I went to the Resource Yard and found one for $3.  I printed some photos and put them in some old frames from Walgreens I had laying around the house.

Tutorial (so simple):
1. Find old palette
2. Frames pics and arrange in palette
3. Nail into the wood, hanging some frames and leaning others
4. Put some kind of wall hanging hardware on the back (I went to McGuckin's  and followed their instructions for hanging properly)
5. Add accents - I put a candle, a ceramic bird, some faux berries, and a homemade nest from an art project I did last year).




No comments:

Post a Comment